Saturday, August 9, 2008

Additional Equation by Jin: (this might help)

1. Solve for P, Given Only V and R.

Solution:

  1. P = VI
  2. P = V * (V/R)
  3. P = ( V*V )/R

TRICKY!!! Try to Solve this…


1. Solve for I and V, given only KWH, H and R.

1 Comments and Sugestions:

Anonymous said...

Given only the KWH, H and R how will you get the Voltage and Current... (JA[0] solved this in 10 mins. )

I = V/R

V = IR


Given is KWH H and R


KW = KWH/H //Convert Kilowatt-hour to Kilowatts

1 KW = 1000Watts //convert Kilowatts to Watts

KW = W*1000 //conversion

W = (I*I)R //derive from P = (I*I)R which is power

(W = (I*I)R)/R //divide both sides by R which is the resistance

W/R = (I*I) // this is the answerI

√(I*I) = √W/R //Square Root both sides

I =√(W/R) //the answer

V = IR //Given

P = VI //given only the Resistance and the power that is the power

V = P/I // we conclude that V = P/I

I = √W/R // our answer

V = (P/(√P/R)) //the final answer

Are you satisfied? if not then leave a comment..

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template